Friday, January 18, 2013

More birthday

Last night I had plans to have dinner and then go to a basketball game with my friend, Julie.  My manager at work has season tickets to the Suns here and gave everyone a couple tickets to random games for Hanukkah.  I just happened to draw the tickets that were during the time I'd taken off for my birthday, so that was convenient.

I met Julie and Ben, her husband, at Cornish Pasty.  While I do love Cornish Pasty, I'll admit I don't normally have it twice in the same week, but whatevs, it was delicious.

Did that stop me from getting Banoffee Pie again?  Oh heck no.

Ben and Julie are awesome.  They have this magical ability wherein you can hang out with them and NOT feel like a third wheel.  Fabulous.

Anyway, long story short, we were running late and I seriously was not looking forward to driving around downtown Phoenix and neither Julie nor I really care for basketball all that much...

...so we ditched and the three of us went and played mini-golf instead!


It was a lot of fun.  We all sucked royally but there was much laughing and goofballery.

Thanks to Ben and Julie for a wonderful evening!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry I was gone on your birthday; but I will wish you a Happy Belated one! :^) Glad you had fun; and I am sure you didn't miss much by not going to see the Suns. They are not exactly fun to watch this year! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday, Mayzy. I haven't been around for awhile. I hit the shop and picked out a few. I love just looking at the images because they ALWAYS put a smile on my face.

    Have a great rest of the week!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to read you had a good day nothing better than a day with friends laughing and enjoying the fun things in life.

    ReplyDelete