Friday, May 10, 2013

Books, books, books...

I've been doing a lot of reading lately.

Since I barely use this poor blog, I thought I'd at least record my book adventures here.

I recently reread

Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind

This is... perhaps my tenth time reading this book. I enjoy it for a good light read.  (Light read at 848 pages...)  I like it because the main characters are less people and more avatars of good, justice and wisdom.  They make mistakes, but their intentions are always pure and when they screw up, they acknowledge it and work to fix it.  A lot of people complain about this series for that exact reason, but I find it appealing.  It's like reading about super heroes only in fantasy.  Yeah, they're over-powered in some ways, but in the end I'm reading about someone I think I'd like to be like.  A lot of characters in modern fantasy literature kind of make me feel a little slimy and I certainly don't want to be them.

That said, I now skip over all the torture scenes.  Too much.

On that same note, I'm currently reading

Stone of Tears by Terry Goodkind (982 p)

The sequel to Wizard's First Rule and also a book I've read many times.  I'm sort of easing my way through this series when I have some downtime away from the computer.  I'm about halfway done.

When I'm at the computer, I'm reading


Abraham & Mary Lincoln by Kenneth Winkle (162 p)

The school where I work has a very nice library online.  There are tons and tons of books on history and science and religion and whatnot.  I'm just in hog heaven browsing through the titles!  I'm about 1/3 of the way through this one but I'm eating it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment